Large Post Office Stamp - Garden of the Gulf Museum
Click on picture to en-large
The Garden of the Gulf Museum in Montague, PEI is located in what was originally the Montague Bridge Post Office and Customs House. Built in 1888, the Post Office and Customs House served in this location until 1954. The Post Office was an active place in the heart of the community of Montague. The first post master at the Montague Bridge Post Office was Peter Gordon, starting in 1888. At the Post Office, local residents could collect their mail from boxes located inside, send out parcels and learn of current events in their community.